09:00 A.M. - 09:30 A.M.
09:30 A.M. - 09:40 A.M.
09:40 A.M. - 10:00 A.M.
10:00 A.M. - 11:00 A.M.
11:00 A.M. - 11:45 A.M.
11:45 A.M. - 12:00 P.M.
12:00 P.M. - 12:45 P.M.
12:45 P.M. - 01:15 P.M.
01:15 P.M. - 02:00 P.M.
02:00 P.M. - 02:45 P.M.
02:45 P.M. - 03:30 P.M.
- Registration & Refreshments
- Welcome, Shana Byrd, The Dawes Arboretum
- Ohio’s Prescribed Fire Council: Welcome, Introductions, &
Jennifer Windus, Fire Council Chair
- Prescribed Fire: Are Your Communications Half Open or
Brian Blank, Director of Marketing Division, Kentucky
Department of FIsh & Wildlife Resources
-Thinning, Burning, Oak Regeneration, & Plant Diversity:
Results of an 18-Year Study in Appalachian Ohio Forests
Todd Hutchinson, Research Ecologist, US Forest Service
- ODNR Forestry’s Prescribed Fire STEP Grants
Greg Guess, Division of Forestry
- Lunch (box lunches provided)
- Review & Update of Ohio Regulations Pertaining to
Paul Braun, Ohio EPA-Division of Air Pollution Control &
Greg Guess, ODNR Division of Forestry
- Interpretation of Fire Weather Forecasts & Significance in
Prescribed Fire Planning
John Franks, NOAA Incident Meteorologist
- Michigan Prescribed Fire Council Retrospective: Where are
Paul Mayer, Michigan Prescribed Fire Council Administrator
- Breakout sessions (Firebreak Preparation, Equipment
Maintenance, & Weather Interpretation)